The gifts are unwrapped, the garbage is gone and life will be back to normal soon. This is the time that people start to make New Year Resolutions. Unfortunately, most resolutions aren’t kept beyond February 1 ( if not sooner!) so here are some tips to make New Year resolutions that will really stick!
- Write your goals down and review them periodically. Writing them down makes us more accountable and reviewing them keeps them in the forefront of our minds.
- Set goals for different areas of your life: Business, Personal, Spiritual, Self Care,Recreational etc. Make them unique to you and your life!
- Set goals that are realistic and attainable– If you set a goal to go to the gym 5-7 times a week, you are doomed to fail. Setting a goal for 2-3x’s a week is realistic. Practice this with all your goal setting. Make it attainable!
- Make goals that are measurable. Don’t say “I’m going to lose weight”. It isn’t specific enough as you can lose 1 lb. and attain your goal. Assign numbers, dates, and specifics to your goals. The more detailed the better.
- Get a partner or friend involved with your goals as well! it’s always more fun to accomplish things with a friend or partner AND it keeps you accountable as well!
- When you hit your goals, even if they are small intermediate ones, CELEBRATE! Do something fun for yourself..It will keep you motivated to get to the next one.
Have a Happy New Year and Make 2020 your best year yet!